Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Reorientation

Since my 100th post here this morning I have vowed to reorientate this blog somewhat. I am instituting a no whinging policy on myself for instance in order to differentiate myself from the pack of people with both blogs and Ph.Ds. I am also seeking to communicate more with a broader range of people. I have been informed that my post in memory of the 64th anniversary of the Volga German deportation order is being distributed via e-mail among some people of German from Russia descent in the US. I suspect that some of these people are those that generally do not look at blogs. This is a good thing.

In the near future I am of course along with 20 other bloggers going to write about cotton in Uzbekistan and the sordid political-economy this white gold supports. That will be on the 1st of September. I am also going to try and answer Chris O'Byrne's question on how I got interested in writing about deported peoples in the USSR which is one I get asked alot. I am also going to still try and do a Carnival of Diasporas on the 15th of September. I have yet to receive any nominations. I think I could do it with about half a dozen entries or so. Yes, I know this probably exceeds the number of regular readers of this blog, but you can submit multiple entries from different sources. So if you see any good posts on diasporas send them to me at pohlcat [the at symbol] rocketmail [the dot] com. Otherwise I am going to have to track them down myself.

2 comments:

George H. Williams said...

Good idea for a carnival.

I think you might find you'll need to track them down yourself. I posted over 50 entries to the first Teaching Carnival. The majority were things I went out of my way to find. Only about 4 people contacted me to nominate anything.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Thanks for the comment. If four people send me links in the next 12 days it would help alot. I don't intend on doing 50 links. Right now I am thinking between a half dozen and a dozen. It depends on what I find.