Monday, August 15, 2005

The small CD collection of the totally unhip

I have a really small music collection. This is partially because I am unemployed and poor and can not afford to buy many albums. It is also partially due to constantly moving about and not being able to permanently acquire large collections. It also is a result of not being much of a music person. Part of this is that I have a pretty severe hearing loss dating back to birth. Another part is that being outside the hipster scene I just do not value it as a status symbol. But, I have collected a few CDs in London and northern Virginia that I brought with me to Arizona. I have a total of seven. They are a bit eclectic and no doubt mark me as being completely uncool and unhip and hence never to have an entry in the History Carnival. But, for anybody interested they are listed below.

Various artists - Momo Arabesque
Blondie - The Best of Blondie
Bruce Cockburn - You Pay Your Money and You Take Your Chance (Live at Madison, WI)
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Rick James - The Ultimate Collection
Various artists - The Rough Guide to Rai
Various artists - The Rough Guide to the Music of Turkey

2 comments:

Chris Conway said...

Otto, you really need to stop obsessing about the History Carnival! And I can't believe you only have 7 Cds! Go to the bargain bins somewhere (outside of Arivaca) when you get a chance and get some classical music for 3.99 a CD!

I do like some of the Rough Guide cd's, though.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Okay, I will lay off the History Carnival. I have made my point.

A lack of money and constant long distance moves make acquiring things like CDs difficult. I at one time had more. But, they did not make the trip to the UK.

Getting outside of Arivaca is a problem since I do not drive. It is about forty five minutes by car up to Green Valley.