Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Writing Life

Recently, I have slowed down a bit on writing Catherine's Grandchildren. It has not progressed past 118 pages yet. I hope to rectify that soon. The basic narrative text is almost finished. It is just the years of the Bolshevik Revolution and Civil War that still have big gaps. I may have to wait until I can get somewhere with more library resources before I can do a really satisfactory job on the years 1917 to 1920. I will try and get what I can finished here first. Then I can get it into better shape when I visit my parents in California and can visit some of the libraries near them.

I am thinking that my next writing project dealing with deported peoples will probably be on the Kalmyks. Two of the last three graduate students that contacted me for assistance were researching the group. So I know there is some interest out there.

No comments: