Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Projects

Right now I am busy with several projects. The Conference on International Borders and Migration that I am organizing is the most exciting. I am also still working on Catherine's Grandchildren. The manuscript is now up to 133 pages and should be finished by the end of summer. I still need volunteer readers for it if anybody is interested. I also have to make some minor changes to my article "Ethnic Erasure" (see the post "New Publication Due in October" below) which will come out this fall. Finally, I am now looking over an article for a friend before he submits the final version for publication.

4 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Hi, Otto. What sort of feedback are you looking for from readers of your book?

J. Otto Pohl said...

Chris: I am looking for feedback on whether I have made everything clear to the average reader. I want the book to able to serve as a good introductory history on the ethnic group. I am trying to put in all the necessary background information on Soviet history for understanding the group's history. But, I would like somebody outside of academia to read it to make sure I am not leaving out any essentials

Chris O'Byrne said...

I would love to read it and give you that kind of feedback. I just wanted to make sure I was the kind of reader you were looking for.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Chris: Yes you are the kind of reader I am looking for. I would like to break into writing popular history. I have done enough of the scholastic stuff.