Saturday, August 05, 2006

This Blog Is Now Two Years Old

This blog is now two years old. It has been composed in England, Virginia, California and Arizona. During this time this blog has served several functions. First, it has allowed me to articulate all my random thoughts in a place where I won’t lose them. Second, it has provided me with an easy means of informing my family and friends of my doings. Finally, I have some evidence in the form of comments and e-mails that it has proven to be informative and entertaining to at least a few people. I have gotten positive feedback of this nature from about a dozen people in the last two years. If you are one of these people I would like to take the time now to thank you for your time and effort. Please feel free to continue to respond to the content of this blog. In the unlikely event I have any other readers I also encourage them to drop me a line. I am always happy to find out I have a new reader.

In the upcoming year this blog will continue to be a mixture of posts on my life in Arivaca and historical posts on politically incorrect peoples. I will of course be doing a series of posts to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the deportation of the Russian-Germans from 15 August to 21 November. I will not be posting much on my quest to get a job in academia. Primarily, because I am radically scaling back the quest. Other than post-docs and some overseas positions I am not going to send out any more applications for jobs at universities. I have concluded it is a waste not only of my time and effort, but also the time and effort of other people. I can no longer in good conscious request that they make these sacrifices for a cause that literally has no hope. I will be posting on my various other projects.

No comments: