Monday, May 04, 2009

Update on Under Jakob's Ladder

I just got this comment on a post I did almost a year ago.


Hello. I am actor Peter Iasillo and I play the part of Vovik, one of the detainees/prisoners in this film. Mann and Robert Munoz (aka The Moon Brothers) are doing an outstanding job of producing and directing this film. Jeff Stewart (BBC's "The Bill") as Jakob is very convincing and a joy to work. I am very grateful to the brothers for casting me and giving me the opportunity to break out of my horror movie mold.

2 comments:

Operating Thetan said...

This movie will flop. Why? The characters who suffer are not Jewish.

American gentiles love Holocaust mythology. They want to see apples thrown over a fence, and a little girl raised by wolves.

http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2008/02/29/author_admits_making_up_memoir_of_surviving_holocaust/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5409220.ece

J. Otto Pohl said...

I disagree, I think the movie will do very well. Of course I am basing this on the script and a single trailer. But, the story is very compelling. A movie about the persecution of ethnic German Christians in Soviet Ukraine under Stalin has the potential to do very well. If for no other reason than the topic is one that has been completely untouched by movie makers. From what I have seen the Moon Brothers have assembled a first rate team to bring this story to life on the big screen.