Friday, May 14, 2010

Update on my Firing from American University of Central Asia and the Contact Details of AUCA's New President

I talked to my union representative today. She had a long talk with my chairman and could not get any straight answers as to why I was fired. He did admit, however, that my teaching was very good and my research excellent. She said she suspected my firing was ordered from higher up in the univeristy for reasons that are probably not legal.

AUCA is getting a new president next semester. I encourage everybody familiar with my academic work or teaching to write him. Before he assumes his work at the American University of Central Asia he should be familiar with their disrespect for scholarship and learning. The new president of AUCA is Andrew Baruch Wachtel, the Bertha and Max Dressler Professor of the Humanities and Dean of the Graduate School of the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at Northwestern University. His e-mail and phone number are below. I encourage as many people as possible to contact him and protest my firing.

email: a-wachtel@northwestern.edu

phone: 847-467-1970

No comments: