Friday, September 09, 2011

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders, Gott helfe mir, Amen."

Appropriately enough I covered Martin Luther in class yesterday. Because evidently my conviction that ethnic cleansing is morally wrong is not shared by a very large number of American academics. In fact it appears that supporting ethnic cleansing against ethnic Germans might be a requirement to get hired at many US universities. Those arguing that these victims deserved their fate appear to be the overwhelming majority of American academics active on blogs. Of course it is hard to know for sure since most of them hide under pseudonyms.  Still I am not wavering from my position which Luther expressed so well with the words, "Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders, Gott helfe mir, Amen." It is far better to have a clear conscience in Africa than to be an apologist for murder, rape, and theft in America.

2 comments:

Merv said...

Dear Mann Auf dem Weg.

Keep up the blogs. Once a week I try to catch up on your writings. Always thought-provoking. I am surprised at your comments about American academia viz a viz genocide against post World War II Germans. Amazing!

Thanks, Merv Weiss, Canada

J. Otto Pohl said...

Merv:

Thaks for the comment and support. Well I am surprised at discovering it as well. It seems to be a US thing.