Sunday, February 10, 2013

Soviet apartheid article no. 2 progress report

Last night I looked over the second Soviet apartheid article I was working on last year and had put away for a while to accomplish other things. It does not appear to be as great a mess as I remember it being in 2012. It of course still needs a lot of work, but it does appear to be a solid first draft that could be made to work with enough editing. It is about 6,700 words right now and does have an introduction, a thesis, a middle, and a conclusion. As soon as I get all of the grading and class prep for this week squared away I am going to return to working on it in earnest. If anybody would like to volunteer to look over it and provide constructive criticism please let me know. Although the comparison of Soviet nationality policies to South African apartheid has been around since the 1970s when dissidents in the USSR used it as a way of noting official discrimination against groups like the Meskehtian Turks and Crimean Tatars, it has gotten little scholarly attention.

No comments: