Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If you like good music, rock and roll music...

If you are looking for some great suggestions for music that you just never get to hear on the radio in the US or even most places in Europe then check out The Day After the Sabbath. He has some great obscure bands listed. I especially enjoyed his list of African songs. That is where I discovered the Psychedelic Aliens. His compilation of Japanese songs is also well worth listening to as is the Greek collection.  I understand he is working on putting together a list of 60s and 70s songs for South East Asia. So if anybody reading this has any familiarity with the music scene during those decades in that region of the world go over and drop him some suggestions. It has been a long time since I have plugged another blog here and usually they belong to people I know personally. But after finding The Day After the Sabbath I had so much fun exploring YouTube videos of African music that I thought I would put in a good word for the site. I was very surprised to find out that in the 1970s there was a very active and talented rock scene in Zambia that was so large that Zamrock was actually a thing just like Prog Rock or Heavy Metal. It is also making a comeback so a lot of it is available on the net. I have pretty eclectic tastes in music and finding a site that has number of guides to music from countries outside of the US, UK, Canada, and Australia has resulted in me finding a lot of great music I would never of heard of otherwise.

No comments: