Saturday, October 05, 2013

People having fun in Africa

There is a three day party going on up at Commonwealth Hall ("Romantic" Vandal City) this weekend. I was up there earlier this morning to watch the Commonwealth boys do some amazing hip hop song and dance numbers. They recognized me by name and announced my presence through the PA system. They then tried to get me to dance with them. But, I declined for the time being. I will go up there later today to check out what else is going on with the Vandals. As a fellow of Commonwealth Hall I feel a moral obligation to observe the activities of the students living in the hall. As a general rule we have very few disciplinary problems and some of my best students in terms of academic accomplishments are Vandals. So "Truth Stands" and I hope everybody at Commonwealth has a great time this weekend.

No comments: