Thursday, November 27, 2014

Random Happenings

This is the fourth Thanksgiving I have spent in Africa. Like every other Thanksgiving here I had fufu, groundnut soup, and goat to eat. This week I will finish up my classes. All they will have left is to take the exam. This semester's students were probably the best collective group of students I have ever taught. I am not exactly sure why, but this semester's classes were also much smaller than previous year. Other than that I have been trying to write and send off to big name journals as many articles as possible. I don't expect any of the big name journals to actually accept any of the articles. But, I am hoping that the peer review reports will prove to be useful. So far this year I haven't had any editors refuse to send my articles out for peer review. It has, however, happened in the past and it is very annoying.

No comments: