Sunday, March 11, 2018

Next Semester

I got my schedule for fall 2018. Like this semester I am only teaching three large classes on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings from eight to eleven thirty. This is a reward for getting two articles accepted for publication before July 2018. It doesn't appear that any amount publishing will ever get me promotion here. But, at least it does get me "flexible schedule." Next semester's "flexible schedule" has two CIV 102 sections and one geography class.

2 comments:

A said...

Does your current job allow you to apply for positions at other "American" universities? The American University of Cairo, etc. Are they all part of a single organization?

J. Otto Pohl said...

American in the name just means an American style curriculum. There are no institutional connections between AUIS and American University of Cairo or any other university with the name American.